Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I feel like a new women

Hello World.

This running and getting healthy has been such a blessing to my life. I have a renewed sense of self worth. I can do something that I thought I never could. On Saturday I ran for 3 minutes straight TWICE. To many, this may seem like no big deal. To ME this was such an accomplishment. I get to do it again tonight, and I am excited about it!

With this getting healthy kick, I am noticing that I am not really craving the "sweets" as much. I still have the odd craving for "Ketchup chips". I think I may have fallen into temptation on this twice in the last 3 weeks. I will overcome and learn to have a little "self control". I just LOVE those chips, I can't help it.

Yesterday was the ladies "cookie exchange" that my friend Mary and I organized. I think it was a great success. We had over 30 people at our exchange. Massive amounts of cookies. It was wonderful. I have a vision of all the generations of ladies coming together in unity, and working together for Christ. We as women are known (no offense) to be "complainers, grumblers, stuck in our ways". BUT if we can walk with Christ, do his work, stop our pigheadedness, we WILL accomplish GREAT things.

Last night there were at least 7 generations of women/little women at the cookie exchange. It made me emotional and excited to see what God has in store for us. It was exciting to see some of our youth girls just helping out. These girls never grew up in church, but they were excited to be there and willing to help. It BLESSED me beyond words. It takes a "community" and I believe that our "community" is BEAUTIFUL and wonderful.. I look forward to the next few months of planning to see what's next for all of us

In regards to the cookie exchange. I hardly had any "sample" cookies. Which is AMAZING, since I LOVE sweets!!!

Well, God is good and faithful. Thanks for reading my blog. You make me smile everyday.

Ps- I lost 3lbs in the month of November. Larry even thinks I'm starting to "tone up" a little. :) Yippee to that.

Be blessed

Love
Heidi

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely get you those ketchup rice chips!

    I sampled enough for the both of us. Man I'm still feeling it today!

    - Chrissy

    ReplyDelete