Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Having a Craving..

Hey there everyone

Did my weekly weigh in and am very pleased. I am down another pound. I need to lose 1.8lbs and will hit a 10 pound weight loss. I am so excited and am finding a little bit of exercise and LESS calories goes a LONG WAY...

For myself this last few weeks has been a JOY!!! I know that sounds crazy but it's true. I've decided that No matter what the outcome, it's time to get healthy. The weight loss is just the bonus

I normally despise any form of exercise but NOT anymore. I have started a program called off the Couch to 5K. This is a running program that starts with 60 seconds running /walking. It's a 9 week program 3 times a week and surprising Works, IF you keep going, even when it gets tough.

When I'm not running. I'm walking for at least 30-45 minutes at least 4-5 times a week. I go to the Arena, or the highschool OR I have Walk the pounds away DVD's.

I also am eating less Calories. The way I am counting them is with a program that I use Online and IF you have an ipod, it's a FREE application you can use http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ It's really been a great help! If you decide to use it, you can add friends on it (kinda like a facebook for weight loss.. Feel free to add me,)

I am finding that if you enjoy yourself and BELIEVE in yourself. Set yourself up for success not failure. You can do it !!!! Don't be discouraged. You CAN do this!!!

Now I am having a little struggle. I want want want Ketchup chips. I've tried in the past the "rice crackers" but it is not taking away the "urge". I am PRAYING big time b/c I know that I WILL eat the whole bag. I just love them.. I can't just have "3" I know myself, so I am REALLY fighting an inner battle. I WANT to lose the weight and I want to WIN the competition. BUT I know if I eat that darn bag of chips, it could bring me back to square 1. It's like alcoholism, you can't just have 1 drink after getting sober. I can't just have 1 bag of chips. It's an addiction, and I need to BEAT it!! I WILL beat it. I just came to the revelation that if I want to get healthy, I can't go back to the chips. Wow!! what an interesting thought. I can do this!

Thanks for being my cheer leader. Please pray for me that I will continue to have a desire to work out.

Be blessed
Heidi

1 comment: