Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Terrible blogger but doing very well

Hey World.. It's been a LONG time.

One of my favorite verses is "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength"

This Verse has been my life verse for the last several months. I have been working VERY hard on this healthy, lose weight journey of mine. I really started about a year ago, but REALLY started in January(if I was totally honest). I entered the Biggest Winner contest at Vicki's and have been determined to Win. I am NOT in the lead at the moment, but I still feel like a winner. I'm getting weighed this afternoon, and I believe I should be down another 2lbs, which would put me down 15lbs since January. (Less the when Preston was born and this would put me at 220lbs-almost under the 220's sooooooooo excited) I am beyond proud. I know that this journey is FAR from over, but I know that GOD has given me the strength to continue. Yes in this time, I haven't ate very well on certain days, but I get back on the wagon, and I work out HARD!!!

I am not doing this to be noticed or given attention. I am doing this for my family, for my body, to get healthy and STAY healthy!!! HOWEVER, Sunday a few people commented on my loss' and I was overwhelmed and STINKEN excited. If people are noticing, then I must be losing this weight, and I know that I am getting active and healthy. I want to be around for my Babies graduations, weddings, Grand babies. The way I was going/growing, mostly likely it wasn't going to happen!! I knew this and it frightened me

I am continuing my running. I had a break with Winter and sickness, so this week I decided to get back on the wagon with this. I am determined to do the 5K run in May. I have said this since I started this journey. I WILL do this. Even if I'm the last at the finish line, I don't care, I want to prove to myself that I am capable of this run. Please pray for me, I have been fighting a chest cold, that has stressed my lungs out and making it VERY difficult to breathe right while running. However.. GOD IS MY STRENGTH when I'm weak.. I WILL do this.. I HAVE to. God is my HEALER too.

I'm also excited to be doing the "Relay for life" with a team called the "Pink Rockets" My friend Linda was diagnosed with Breast cancer on her 29th Birthday. I want to support her with this and celebrate that she is now in "remission" and can't wait for this night. I haven't done an all nighter in Years, but I'm excited to join this event and help fight this horrific disease. (So if any of you can support me by pledging my team, I'd appreciate it!!)

God has given me this life, I need to embrace every moment with a new exciting attitude. There are days when I feel down, but I'm finding that doing a Run or an aerobic DVD really does help the emotions. It's a GREAT stress relief. It really is!!!

I feel blessed to have 3 Healthy amazing kiddo's. We have our challenges, but I know that God has never given me something I can't handle.

Preston is walking, which keeps me hopping- Bennet is doing really well. We are already focusing on getting him prepared for Grade 1 next year. Mikayla is doing well, she has some issue's focusing and keeping on task, but she has such an amazing heart. She makes me so proud. (They all make me proud) I'm not sure if I put this in another blog, however I am so proud that I will continue to write this. Mikayla was on the playground and saw a Peer of hers become angry and started swinging. She saw that he was heading for a tiny Kindergartener, so she step in front of this "wee" one and took this guys HIT!! HOW amazing is that for a 7 year old to take a hit, to protect someone smaller then her. WHAT a heart. I pray that I can be the Mommy that God wants me to be for her. To teach her and guide her to his path for her life. She's an amazing little girl, and I am blessed to call her my daughter. I am blessed blessed blessed!!!!!

I will let you all know how Today goes after my weigh in. I'm thinking I'm down 2, but we will have to wait and see!

Thank you all for being such a great support. I am so thankful that God has placed you all in my life.

If I can do this.. I know that anyone can!!

Love and Blessings
Heidi



2 comments:

  1. Was down 2lbs which makes that 15.4

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you...STINKEN amazing!!!! (I loved that you said stinken up there - it makes me miss you and your silly self!)

    ReplyDelete