Sunday, October 24, 2010

My eyes were opened

Hello world.

My journey began April/Mayish. My weight is practically the same. I haven't really been trying and I have been just plain lazy.

On Friday I went to the doctors to get my ear looked at. IT's been plugged for over 3 weeks, and I was getting very frustrated and I just felt plain ill. When they took my blood pressure, it was high. I keep thinking, "It must have been my coffee" or "I have been stressed with all the illness in my home". These excuses are probably the reason, but even still I really do need to get my butt in gear and get moving. What if I actually do have high blood pressure?? AT 30!!! The only person to blame here, is ME!!

When I started this "Get healthy" walk, I had said I want to do a 5km run in May. I am still there. I still want to do the Where is Frankville? run. However, at this point I am NO WHERE near that goal.

Many of my friends have suggested couch to 5km. I tried it once, and it was tough. Last night I was thinking about this 5K run, and really really really want to do this. For my birthday my hubby was kind and gave me an ipod touch. I went on to the app site and there it was. An application for this. My ipod will be my "coach".

My girlfriend has started the program, and is doing AMAZING. Yesterday she ran 20 minutes without stopping. I am so proud of her, and she has inspired me to DO THIS! She told me that it's HARD.. But if you keep at it.. You CAN DO IT!! I go with that. Keep at it and DO IT!!!

Today after church I am going to do my first run. I am just a tad frightened at the thought of breathing REALLY HARD. With that being said, "I can do this, I must do this (for myself and my family) and I look forward to going to my first run someday soon.

Thank you for all of you that support me. I do appreciate your love

Sincerely

Heidi

1 comment: