Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flower beds are taking over the World

My flower gardens are CRAZY. When we bought our beautiful home 2 years ago, we purchased it in the Winter. We had no idea what was under all the snow. Last year I paid a lady to come and help get my gardens under control, they looked fantastic. Now it's spring and all the darn annuals have peaked their way into my gardens and again the overwelming task is a head of me. I am not going to pay someone again, when it ends up looking the same come spring.

Today I'm going to try and work HARD on the garden. Hopefully Preston will work with me. I have no green thumb what so ever, so we'll have to wait and see what today brings.

I weighed myself this morning and I was down another .2 pounds. I am excited at my progress and know that I wouldn't be doing this without my father in heaven.

Last night I was HUNGRY and didn't know what I should do. So I ate fruit. I think that's amazing because normally I'd want chips or something salty.. I don't want to "toot" my horn, but I really am proud of myself. I am not getting a big head, because I know that I will have my up's and downs. I am just really motivated, and I don't remember feeling like this since before my wedding. That was when I was at my best. :)

To those that may be struggling. Keep going.. Make a tiny goals, like mine right now are 5lb increments and my first long term is to get under 200lbs. My Mom has given me a reward for my weight loss goal. Once I hit 199lbs, she is going to buy me an new outfit!!! How cool is that. I have a pretty amazing Mom! I think once I hit 175lbs, I have to check that out with my Mom again, Mom if you're reading try and post a comment on this if I'm right or wrong, she is going to pay for Larry and myself to take a week-end away. I can't WAIT to get there. See, I have short goals. Then long term goals too.

I find that doing steps and walking isn't a "chore" it's a fitness "holiday" to me. I enjoy this very much and it doesn't seem like "work" to me.

Thought of the day- "The Joy of the Lord Is Your Strength"

3 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB!!! You go girl!! And may God's joy fill you to overflowing today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl. It's great that your walking partner is coming home! That's going to help so much!

    I love your idea about setting small goals, and the reward system is grand.

    I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM PROUD OF YOU HEIDI
    I KNOW FOR MYSELF IT IS A STRUGGLE.
    THEY SAY GET YOUR HEART RATE UP AND BUILD MUSCLE IS THE WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT AND EAT RIGHT, NO FAD DIETS....

    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
    LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete