Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time for a change

I know I am a horrible blogger. I'm also horrible at being healthy. I am teaching my Three babies that it's okay to eat what ever they want. Well today I'm telling the whole world that TODAY I must change.

I'm a believer and I believe that at this point, I'm not being a good steward to my body. I want to be around for a very long time. But at a weight of 234 pounds. It's just not going to happen

So here I go.

Dear World,
I want to be a healthy eater. I want to change my ways. I'm starting with a few goals at hand. I would like to get under 200lbs within the next 21/2 to 3 months. My ultimate goal is to lose 74lbs. I know that I can do this. I want to drink more water, eat less and excersize at least 30 minutes a day. (This is going to be a huge task)

Today I shout out to everyone that I'm tossing the temptations out.. Locking the cookies (my hubby needs them in case of low blood sugars) AND showing my beautiful babies that life is too important. Lets get healthy!!! I think I will do a meal plan and STICK to it!!

I wish this would be an easy task. It scares me though. I've failed before.. However, I will not set myself up to lose. Nothing is impossible and I know this.

My prayer is that my "enablers" will not enable.. That I will have people cheering me on and supporting me.

My friend said to me today. Don't deny yourself. Have 3 bites only. B/c the 4th and 5th would taste the same anyways.. LOL I LOVE that!!!

I don't have Dr Phil to help me and I can't go on the Biggest Loser. I have a father in heaven and myself.

Here I go Day 1 on this journey.. Can I do it!! YES I CAN!!

Heidi Kozlof


7 comments:

  1. You have my prayers and support!!! Also I am going to join you. My goal for the next 2 1/2 months will be to lose 25 lbs ( 1 have much more to lose than that but I will start there!)

    We just bought a wii like system and I find it great for getting my butt off of the couch!! It is a start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you, Heidi! I'm behind you all the way and I promise, if you're ever at my house for dinner, I won't serve cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Heidi
    Also try portion control, it works for me....or Larry's diabetic diet is good....6 small meals.
    Love ya
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I know you can do this! Keep it up!
    I'll cheer you on from Chatham, and join you in spirit! You've inspired me. While you are losing those first 25 lbs. in the next 2-3 months, I'll vow to join with you and lose 10 lbs. over the next 2 months.


    YOU GO GIRL! YOU'VE GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi! Congrats girlfriend! I know the feeling...When you reach that ultimate point when you know you need it, then you will do it! One thing that has helped me - find a fun class to take with people you know to get that exercise in. You need someone fun to be accountable with and you need to have fun! If it's not fun (and a little social) while you are exercising, it's way too easy to quit! I've started at a Cardio Kickboxing Studio and I've lost 20 pounds and 1 1/2 sizes in 4 months...it's slow coming off, but that's healthier because you're building muscle and toning as you go and you'll keep it off longer. Know that it's a lifestyle change though, so make sure that your diet choices are things you can do long term. You can do it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl. The above about accountability and something you can do for life is really good advice! Because of you and your blog, I've been inspired, and have already lost 3 lbs. since Saturday! Thanks.

    I know you can do this! GO HEIDI GO!

    ReplyDelete