Saturday, May 1, 2010

Down!!

Well I awoke this morning in anticipation of getting on the WII and doing my body test. As I got on I closed my eyes and prayed, "please be down, please be down" and to my surprise I was back down to where I was before I gained the last 2 days. So I'm very very happy with the results. I was a little surprised though, because last night we had a "surprise" celebration with the youth, for 2 of our leaders who just had a baby boy. I decided I wouldn't Pass on the ice cream cake, b/c I would later "crave" it if I did. Diary Queen should be called DEVIL Queen!! LOL

Last night was a really neat night. Our youth group met at the church and did a photo scavenger hunt and then ended at our house to surprise the two new parents. It was a smaller group that showed up, but really neat to see them connect with the other leaders. One boy was in a head lock (play one) with one of our guy leaders. Just to see them bonding was extraordinary. I love how our youth leaders are passionate about the teens. I pray that this Love will rub off on them and they too will "pass it on". Yet as I was observing our youth, what a World we live in. Two of them were texting each other back and forth, while sitting beside each other.. WHAT IS THAT?? IT makes me laugh, and I just don't understand the concept. I guess I am getting older, I am creeping to the big 3-0.

The big 3-0. Wow in 5 months I will no longer be in my twenties, which I guess is why I really do want to get healthy. I remember when my Dad was 35 he had some "heart" issues and I just don't want to go down that road. My Dad is doing well now, but it still rings in my mind, what he and our family went through when he was rushed and stayed in the hospital. I remember that Dad didn't want us to visit him, because he was hooked up to monitors and all the equipment to keep him healthy. I remember Dad walking for hours afterwards, getting his heart back into shape. I remember this and realize that I am now entering the age bracket where he became ill. I MUST keep going, I MUST stay healthy for my self and my family!! I WILL do this and I'm glad you are all on my journey. It's great having some accountability. I just love it!!

Well I hope you have a blessed day. I know that I will. I'm just waiting for my parents and sister to arrive.

Kozlofenhoff (Heidi)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! WOOHOO!
    I'm happy for you! I can just imagine the unfettered glee when you saw those numbers! I've been wanting A Wii fit, but C. was not on board, but I think he's softening toward the idea now! :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete