Sunday, May 30, 2010

Things that make you go......

Couldn't think of a good title today, so thought I'd make you decide how to finish it.

My week has been a pretty good week. Still really struggling with food choices. We had a great day at the beach. By habit, I took chips. I haven't ate chips in almost 6 weeks and I once I started to eat them, the whole "3 bite rule" went out the window. However, I'm here today admitting that I may have ate plenty of Ketchup chips for the next year, but I'm Going to get this healthy thing up to par.

I've done my walking and have enjoyed eating salads. I LOVE salad to the core. However, I'm not seeing the results I'd like to, and in all honesty am feeling a little frustrated. I know that what I put into my mouth is probably the key reason I'm not losing as "fast" as I'd like. Therefore, starting right now... I WILL do my best and do it 100%.

I got a great email message today from a friend that I haven't seen in years. She sent me an encouraging e-mail to remind me that God is my security. I think by now, you probably have all figured out that I am a little "insecure" with my body. I too believe that I'm insecure with plain old ME! My friend has been reading a book by Beth Moore. She told me she's learned TONS from it. I must search for this book and read it myself. One thing that my friend said she learned from Beth Moore was " Insecurity will hold us back from fulfilling the call God has on our lives. He will not force "security" on us and no one else can give it to us. Insecurity is not a weakness...it is a form of unbelief." Boy did that "kick me in the pants" in a good way. Did I not just say that I was struggling with "the call" God has for me?? I do believe that my weight loss journey is not just for weight loss but also for me becoming a secure women of God. He does have a call for me, and I want to be secure enough in me and him, to do his will.

God is my life. Some of you that are reading this may know this or not. My life is for him. My husband and I live each day wanting to do God's will. We've been through up's and down's. We've moved a distance from family feeling "called" to Smiths Falls. I just want to live for him. I also want to see others "live" for him. Some people ask me "Why do you believe in a God that you don't even see". I say this. "I do see God. I see him in the beauty of our Earth, I see him in my children, I see him in my life and I can feel him when I sing" Who would have thought that a "Girl" from Ayton would be working in different communities, teaching and sharing the Love of God. My life proves to me that Yes there is a God. I'm not about debating or arguing until I'm blue in the face about God, that's not me. I don't feel intellectual enough to do so either.. I just want to show God's Love. It's that simple to me. I wish it was for others. I also believe because the day my Grandfather passed, he called my "name", his last words were "Heidi, Heidi, Heidi" and the REASON he called my name is because he had accepted Jesus on his deathbed, and I told him I was jealous that he was going to see my best friend. I told him to call my name when he saw him. HE DID!! not just once but 3 times. I can never ever forget that moment in my life. This story of my Grandfather is a much LONGER one, that I'd love to share with any of you. Maybe I'll blog it some other day.

I guess what I'm saying today is. I will not give up on this journey. I also believe that there is a purpose for me, and I am going to live it out with Confidence, joy and perseverance.

Thanks so much for reading this and encouraging me. I have fallen in love with Blogging. I feel like this is a great way for me to "express" what's really happening in me. I find that I can express myself much better in writing. It's such a pleasure. Until next time.

Be blessed

Heidi


Thought of the day.
John 4:19

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the satisfaction for our sins"

2 comments:

  1. I love that story about your grandpa - it makes me teary. Please tell it in full for everyone!!!!

    As for your title...VRRROOM VRRROOM (that's your motivation motor!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! WOW! What a powerful story about your grandpa. It made me teary too!

    ReplyDelete